What were you like in middle school? What were your clothing/music choices?
Ooo, this is a fun one! Well, middle school puts me around the years of 1995-1997. I’m thinking that flannel shirts unbuttoned over t-shirts with either khakis or wide legged jeans were popular then, so that’s what I was wearing. I think it was the beginning of flare/bootcut coming back and wide-leg carpenter jeans were the first. I had a pink flannel shirt that I loved, mostly t-shirts and jeans though. And those low-cut Skechers boots, duh. I know you know what I’m talking about. And those black/white Adidas sandals with the massage things.. the ones that would make your feet in so much agony and pain you would cry.. for the first day.. then after that they were amazing and you’d live in them, sometimes even with socks on too. Yeesh, they’re still popular.
I still had long, long hair (past mid-back) and glasses then (I cut my hair to about shoulder length and got contacts in high school).
I mainly listened to pop/pop rock.. Backstreet Boys for sure, and stuff like Alanis Morisette and Natalie Merchant, Joan Osborne.. Wonderwall, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.. that normal stuff. Gangsta’s Paradise, haha. TLC definitely. I remember learning all the words to the Waterfalls rap in middle school and singing at dances. Oh, I’m thinking Boyz II Men maybe, in early middle school. I was transitioning from country from my childhood, but I started buying CDs like crazy then.
As a person, I was pretty quiet in middle school, except around my friends. I had a lot of friends, but was just a typical kid.. and no goth subculture for me, haha. Lots of boy obsession, of course, though I didn’t really like anyone in specific. I may have still liked J.T.T. then.. haha. I was pretty innocent compared to my friends, but still talked the talk with the whole middle school humor/swearing/sex talk typical stuff.
I did choir, started band in 8th grade, but there really wasn’t a ton to do in middle school. My friend taught me how to play chess then ha. Did we do Pogs then?! I think 6th grade.
I’m trying to remember middle school, it’s kind of hard. They were meh years in general, I think for most kids, though I was lucky to not have been bullied or anything like that. I had a friend in one of my classes that kept trying to tell me that I needed to get laid, though haha.
1. What age did you learn to ride a bike?
2. Do you remember your first day of kindergarten? What was it like?
3. What was your first car? What did you love/hate about it?
4. Who is/are your hero(es)?
5. What is one of your favorite memories from your childhood?
6. Do you play an instrument? If not, what would you want to play if you could?
7. What’s something on your “bucket list”?
8. What were you like in middle school? What were your clothing/music choices? (Around 12 years old.)
9. What is something adventurous you’d like to do someday?
10. Do you believe in anything “odd” – UFOs, ghosts, horoscopes, superstitions, etc.?
11. What’s something you’re interested in that no one really knows about or no one would really understand?
12. What’s your favorite nostalgic song? What does it remind you of?
13. If you could learn one new skill or pick up a new hobby, what would you like to do?
14. What’s your favorite book? Magazine?
15. What’s your religion/religious beliefs?
16. What are you going to name your children? Or, what are your favorite names in general?
17. Who was your childhood best friend? Do you still keep in touch?
18. Tell us your life philosophy?
19. Tell us a secret talent!
20. Create your own question and answer it!
Check out the other 20 Questions, grab my badge and join in!
(If you’re viewing this in a reader, you might have to come out to see the badge code..)